Monday, December 15, 2008

Taiwan's Christmas Nativity




This last weekend, the 14th and 15th, we had the 8th annual nativity put on by the English Ward here in Taipei. Okay, so this is a huge thing here because there really isn't much Christmas here. So, we had 4 showings of it, 2 each day with the seats filled and people standing all around watching. It was at the Tienmu sports park. It was a lot of fun. I have never been able to be a part of it before but Michael had as a missionary. He loved it.





This year, the bishop put me in charge of it as the Director, I thought this was silly seeings how I have NEVER even seen a movie of the past years of it, but oh well. I guess he figured it was in my background anyways, with the planning and all. Anyways, It ended up being such a great experience for me and a little bit of a test of my self confidence. I have to admit, even though I normally do not EVER ask for help with anything when I need it, I would have died if I would not have ask the bishop's wife to help me out. She is the most amazing women ever. If you saw her in action you would totally understand. She managed to help me to understand how things worked and to do her part in everything all at once. (Someday I will be like that too! I hope!)





It was such a great experience to be apart of something so special and to remind people of the true reason for the Celebration. It is too easy to to get caught up in the commercial side of the holiday that we forget why we celebrate it in the first place. It is sad that now in the states people are now saying "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas!" The Stores are not allowed to have things like this in there store. They are taking Christ out of the Holiday that is ment for him. So, hopefully, as we all Celebrate we will remember the true reason for the season and take a moment to share it with our family and friends, to read the story about our Saviors birth on Christmas day, that we will remember to say "Happy Birthday Jesus!"





Here are a few of the pictures!

4 comments:

Nicole said...

Hey Michelle! I was clicking around on a few blogs and saw that you have one. Yea! I love the tribute to the pageant and Christmas. You did a great job directing--it turned out wonderful!

PS Our blog is codyandnicole.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You are growing up and becoming a wonderful woman, blessed in the gospel, and just a great person. I am so very very proud of you. Mom

Kyle & Melanie Kropf said...

Hey Vatchers! Sounds like the nativity scence was a great experience for you! That's great to hear! We hope you have a joyous Christmas together!!

Anonymous said...

Michelle, go to your profile and read you guys names. I don't think Michael is married to himself. Love you mom

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers