Friday, October 17, 2014

Halloween Party Vatcher Style


Halloween has to be one of my favorite holidays. Maybe it’s the fact that you get to pretend to be someone you are not. Maybe it is because as a kid I never really got to celebrate it, so I am trying to make up for lost time with my kids. Maybe it is just because I know that means Christmas is around the corner! Or maybe it is all the fun parties that are thrown and that can be thrown. Either way, I love it!

 


This year my son is actually old enough to really know what is going on and to want to have a party. Me, being the planner that I am, never argues to throwing one. So, once again, I partnered up with Expo Party Rentals to see what I could do for him. They just came out with children’s tables and chairs. They are so cute.






Orange and black seem to be the normal colors everyone goes for. It says, “Halloween”. I wanted to be a bit different. I opted for Expo’s lime green and grape for the colors. So, when my mother-in-law went shopping, like she does so often, she could help but check out the Halloween section and see the many treasures. She ended getting the darling green glitter pumpkin you see on the kids table. She also got the most darling Frankenstein favor boxes that I filled with pumpkin bubbles, “No s’more tricks just treats” s’mores kit that I made along with some Halloween goldfish.











 

 

What kind of Halloween party would it be without cute treats? Plus I can’t call myself a “Pinterest mom” if I didn’t make some pinterest goodies. On the menu: Owl cupcakes, Chocolate Donut Spiders, Apple mouths,
Caramel apples, And not pictured: Spider web pizza, Oreo brownies, and Mummy dogs.

The kids had so much fun. They had a cute Spider piñata that had premade goody bags of candy. (I hated having to fight to get the candy when it popped growing up. Now I will never do it that way.)
 
 
When it came down to it, it was just a very simple party, but lots of love put into it.

 When it came down to it, it was just a very simple party, but lots of love put into it.


No comments:

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers